6/07/2007

Doc visit

So today I went to a new doctor b/c i've been having difficulty swallowing. Not something a 29 year old usually has. It's strange, I have no problems swallowing at the back of my throat, but it's lower, like in the esophagus. The worst foods are dense foods like bagels and tortillas, but I have trouble w/ chicken, beef, etc. Anything that doesn't mush or crumble.
So anyway, the doctor is having me do an upper GI. This will show any minor problems. And it will also give the doctor a roadmap for when they do the Endoscopy, which I will be doing soon also. The Endoscopy is a little camera that they will put down my throat after sedating me. This will show if I have strictures (rings that form in the esophagus) or any other problems, lesions, etc. If I have strictures, they will have to dilate the esophagus, which is not a risk-free procedure, so i'm hoping that everything is fine. Maybe it will just be from reflux or some common/minor problem and they can give me medication for that. So we'll see what he says...

No comments: