6/11/2007

Vacation Bible School

Today was Ally's first day at Vacation Bible School at Messiah. She had a GREAT time! She was scared at first and asked me not to leave, but she didn't cry. She just had a very quiet, sad voice when she was saying, "but mommy, i don't want you to leave." I felt bad for her, but I really wanted her to stay and enjoy herself without me hovering. She really needs that, especially with starting preschool this fall. It was the first time i've left her anywhere w/o me, Matt, or her grandparents. She kept telling me she wanted to sit on my lap, so I told her that maybe Miss Lauren would let her sit next to her. I think that made her feel better because once I sat her down next to Miss Lauren, she seemed a little bit better. I gave her a kiss and told her I'd be back to pick her up. And if she needed me, she could ask them to call me.
Today was also the first time that Tommy and I have spent a significant amount of time together w/o Ally around. We've spent a half hour or so together when Matt has taken Ally w/ him to the hardware store or whatever, but this was 3 hours of free time for me and Tom. It was kind of nice. It was nice to see what kinds of things he would think to play with without the influence of his sister.
After we left VBS, Tommy and I went to meet a lady who was buying some stuff I had on craigslist. After that, we went to McDonald's and got a Cinnamon Melt. We came home and ate that together. And he said, "jus mommy an e?" So I told him that we are having a mommy & me day! He was happy, but he did ask about Ally several times. I don't know if he knew what to do w/ himself. lol After our treat, we went downstairs to play. We played downstairs for about a half hour and then I decided I had to run to Target for something, so we ran up there for a while. Then it was time to pick Ally up. When we got there, she was up singing and doing the little dance! I could tell she was having fun! And i could see a little craft that she made. When it was over, she seemed very excited to tell me that they made a spyglass and had snack outside. She wasn't able to tell me much about what she learned that was church-related, but i'm sure she was overwhelmed and didn't really get the message they were trying to send just yet. lol I'm going to talk to her about it later on tonight and see what she thought she was there for and see if she picked up on anything.

1 comment:

Maura said...

What a big step for Ally. Sounds like she really loved it. Kylie gets a little bored when Fiona is at school. I love that one on one time with her though.