6/02/2008

10 week appointment

Everything looks good. There really isn't much to report from this appointment. It was more informational and to get my yearly well woman appointment out of the way. I go to the 1st look ultrasound in 2 weeks, so I will have more to report then.

She decided to keep December 26th as my due date. She said that at this point it's normal for the u/s to be off by a week and that they aren't 100% accurate. She said if I wasn't so regular she would be more leery, but my periods are consistantly 26 days. She said that she would rather go with my LMP because I had difficulty delivering ally and tommy since they were angled sideways and she feels they may have fallen into that position b/c I am short waisted and didn't have a lot of room for them to turn the correct direction. The bigger the baby is, the more likely it is that you'll have trouble with them turning in strange ways. The only way to get them to come out is for the doctor to reach up and turn them, which has its risks (and is really painful even w/ the epidural, trust me).

If future ultrasounds keep pointing to me being behind, she may change it, but for now she feels confident there are more reasons to keep the earlier date than not to.

So, that's all for now. I get my next ultrasound on June 16th. :) I'll update then!

No comments: